The mission of the SDKC:
- To support and serve our members and breeders by promoting and advancing the breeding of purebred dogs and to encourage the variety of CKC sanctioned dog-related sports and events designed for the betterment of the different breed.
- To educate and guide members and the public in the value of responsible dog ownership and companionship by offering training classes, seminars, and other related activities and resources.
- To serve its membership and the public by educating, supporting and guiding them in their canine related endeavours.
- To inform and educate the public and members to promote responsible ownership of all dogs.
- To advance the sport of purebred dogs and to inform, educate and expand public awareness as to the vast array of activities and opportunities for dog enthusiasts.
- To encourage and promote quality in the breeding of purebred dogs and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection.
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interest of all breeds of purebred dogs and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at shows, trials, tests, and all CKC events.
- To conduct sanctioned and approved events under the rules of The Canadian Kennel Club and to abide by the principles of the Canadian Kennel Club Cofe of Ethics
FOR THE LOVE OF DOGS
Make sure to check out our EVENTS page for information on upcoming trials!
Established in 1951, the Sudbury & District Kennel Club promotes quality breeding of dogs in the Sudbury area according to the principals and standards of the Canadian Kennel Club.
We encourage sportsmanlike competition at conformation shows, and obedience, agility, and field trials. Held throughout the year, our seminars cover many dog related topics such as pointing, hunting, handling, scent detection and herding. Of our many activities, we are extremely proud of our No Bite Program which educates children and the public on how to responsibly approach a strange dog and how to read a dog's body language.